Here are some answers to frequently asked questions . . .
What is the daily schedule?
- 9:56-3:00 - Weather delay
How will I know when school is canceled?
If school is canceled you will receive a call from the Power School Alert System and information will be broadcast over the following radio and TV stations:
- WFYC Alma (1280 AM /105 FM)
- ABC Channel 12
How much does breakfast and lunch cost?
A free breakfast is provided for all of our students on a daily basis. Hot lunch can be purchased for $2.25. Students qualifying for reduced lunch prices pay $.40.
How do I report that my child will be absent?
When your child is going to be late or tardy from school, please call and inform our office personnel. Our attendance number is 989.466.7651. Please call after 7:30 a.m.
What is the procedure for picking my child up from school during the school day?
If you need to pick your child up during the day we require you to go to the office to sign out your child.
What is the dress code?
Any fashion that disrupts the educational process or presents a safety risk will not be permitted. Crop-tops, short shorts, belly shirts, spaghetti straps and see-through clothing are not acceptable. Students are not permitted to wear hats in school. Any T-shirt with an inappropriate message is not allowed.
Can my child bring personal items to school?
Students are NOT encouraged to bring personal items of value to school. The school cannot be responsible for safekeeping of these items and will not be responsible for the loss or damage of these items.
What happens in case of an injury or illness to my child?
The parents of children who become ill or injured during school will be contacted by phone. Please be sure your emergency data card contains current information and is complete.
Will medications be administered at school?
- The Medications Request and Authorization Form must be filed with the principal or school nurse.
- A physician's written instructions regarding administration of medication must be received.
- The parent or guardian must deliver the medication directly to the school.
- DO NOT send medication to school with your child.
- Only medication in its original pharmacy container, labeled with date, student's name and exact dosage will be administered
We DO NOT provide non-prescription medications at school, BUT will administer such if medication guidelines are followed.